This week my guest blog features MySmallworld. This guest is not just a writer but someone whom I have always looked up to – A born fighter – a multi-tasker – a wonderful mom – and above all my lovely sister 🙂 Her page is full of beautiful quotes that are inspired from her real-life experiences and this is probably her first attempt to write a blog. And I am glad she did it for me 🙂
I am possible
Ever been into a situation where you felt “I am done, there is nothing left for me now, I am worthless or hopeless? Well, we live in a world where, no matter how hard we try to keep ourself positive, there are people around who don’t fail to crush our confidence.
I still remember the days of my 11th grade. Teachers are known to be great mentors in a student’s life, but fortunately or unfortunately, there a teacher who for some reason believed that I won’t make it. She used to tell me in every possible way that – “just wait and watch – no one will hire you. You won’t get a job, ANYWHERE!”.
Those days were hell for me – I was disheartened and depressed. I almost lost all my wish to exist. Coming out of that situation was a difficult, slow but daily process. I spent days praying, reading self-help books, listening to motivational speakers and uplifting music.
I wish I could meet my dear teacher once and tell her “I am the same person whom you declared jobless way before she even cleared the schooling”. Because I have been working for more than a decade now without any breaks.
As Les Brown quotes – “Someone else’s opinion about you doesn’t have to be your reality”. This changed my world. Whenever I feel down, I keep saying this to myself. It boosts me up and keeps me going.
This is just one example of rejections I have faced in my life. I know we all have many such experiences. But let not the bitter experience stop you from living your life. We all are here for a purpose and we all are capable to make it happen!
This was a first attempt, so this doesn’t look as neat as it should have been. 😀😁
Just a few hours ago, I posted my blog on the Liebster Award. Now, I am so pleased to write a post on “The Blogger Recognition Award”. The only difference is that I’m self-nominating myself 😛 because I was nominated for something else by a very creative and dear writer PoeticBells but I accidentally wrote on this one. However, I didn’t wanted to delete what I already wrote. Probably, this also means I should take a break from work 😛
PoeticBells, as the name suggests, the page is full of beautiful works of poetry. Indeed a dearly loved blogger. Do wait until my next post on Gettoknowmetag. 😛
I think it just happened with a series of events that happened in my life. One of which was definitely my French classes. I did write a post on this few months ago. Do check this out. Apart from this, as I had mentioned in my earlier posts – being an introvert I thought this was the best way to express and connect with different people from around the world. Someday, I would love to publish a book.
My two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- I think there are different phases in the life of a writer/blogger. As we begin we aren’t aware of the choice and likes of our readers. Despite that, don’t hesitate to write what you think or want to express. Write for yourself in the beginning. As you get to know more about the readers and their choices eventually you would realize your writings would have also changed without any efforts, coz you know what your readers want.
- Observe – Whether you are reading a book, a blog, talking to people, travelling, driving, etc. observe it closely. You will find ways to connect and write something meaningful which your readers will be able to connect with.
Here are the rules:
1. Write a post to show your award.
2.Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Nominate 2-3 bloggers who you believe deserve to be recognized. Comment on their blogs, to let the nominees know they have been nominated.