A Silent Night

Christmas brings to me beautiful memories from my childhood. Known to be an average student during my school days, getting an entry into a school activity was always hard to believe.

The first one to name was preparing for a Christmas carol along with a group of 20 more kids from my class. We were handed the lyrics and the song was played for us to hear and practice the tune. “Silent Night, Holy Night” the song played and was played, again, and, again, and again.

The more it was played, the more I fell in love with the idea of waiting for little Christ on a peaceful and Silent night, to an extent that even now this memory is still so fresh and preserved in my heart.

What is your Christmas memory?

13 thoughts on “A Silent Night

1. Sifar December 8, 2018 / 10:14 am

Staring for hours at the nativity set put up in my school πŸ™‚

2. Ayesha December 8, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Ditto.. Thank you Sifar.. 😊

3. stevescountry December 12, 2018 / 4:57 am

Spending Christmas at my grandparents, the one and only time. They had a cold country house, but the warm hearts made it a blessed Christmas!
    Steve.

• Ayesha December 12, 2018 / 7:33 pm

So cute.. Would love to see pictures on your blog of your Christmas memories.

• stevescountry December 13, 2018 / 5:18 am

Hi Ayesha! I would like to share them but all my Christmas pictures were the old type photos on paper which were damaged beyond repair when my apartment flooded 3 years ago. But at least I still have the memories. Thanks for reading my blog!
        Steve.

• Ayesha December 13, 2018 / 9:11 pm

Sorry to know that.. πŸ˜”But yeah the memories we have is the treasure..

4. Akshay kumar das April 18, 2019 / 8:32 pm

Christmas meas.. Joy.. happiess.. my school days… wow.. i would love to travel past.. for that..πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

• Ayesha April 20, 2019 / 7:57 pm

Glad this reminded of your school days too☺️

5. kevinashton April 30, 2019 / 10:50 pm

When I was a boy, my Dad worked long hours as a security guard in a factory and sometimes he had to work Christmas Day. When I was about 8 my mum told me that because Dad had to work Christmas Day and because myself, my twim brother and my sister had been good, that Father Christmas was coming a day early in our house. Of course we were thrilled, and felt very special that Santa Claus was visiting us on Chritsmas Eve.Of course this was engineered by my mum who wanted the whole family together for Christmas.

• Ayesha April 30, 2019 / 11:10 pm

It’s always a thrilling experience as kids, thinking about Santa coming to see us, all perfectly planned by our parents. This is such a sweet memory beautifully described by you. No matter what, Mom do their best to keep everyone together and happy πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing this πŸ™‚