Ramadan Kareem

Ramadan is my favorite time of the year just like Christmas, Easter or Diwali. No. No. I’m not disclosing my faith here. I’m just about to share my story with one of them.

My love for Azaan began when I was in school. Next to our school, was a big mosque. It stood tall and colored with a blend of dark and light green.

As everyone probably knows Azaan, is a call to prayer five times each day. A reminder for everyone to stay connected to the Divine.

During the class it would happen, when the Azaan would start at the mosque, as always they sounded like music to my ears. I felt so connected spiritually and this holds true even now though years have passed.

My love since then has only grown deeper πŸ™‚ and I’m always excited during the Ramadan season. A season for self-denial, fasting and the acts of charity. The season of togetherness and being with family. Even though I am not the one observing, it’s always a bliss to be into it.

With that sharing a picture of my favorite place all decorated beautifully for Eid.

Ramadan Kareem to all.

24 thoughts on “Ramadan Kareem

1. Sameera June 9, 2018 / 6:50 pm

Ramadan Kareem to you as well.😊 Azaan does connect you spiritually.❀️ I love azaan and Ramzan brings in fun and blessings. May Allah blesses you and your family with happiness.😊

• Ayesha June 10, 2018 / 12:27 am

Thank you.. Blessings to you too and your family during Ramzan.. May all your wishes come true.. ❀ πŸ™‚

• Ayesha June 10, 2018 / 8:14 am

2. Just_Me :) June 10, 2018 / 12:56 pm

It’s a good thing for you that when you first heard Azaan/Adhan, it sounded like music to your ears. It wasn’t for me. It was noise to me to be quite honest specially the call in early mornings. I used to stay near a mosque during my first year here and never got used to it. Eventually though, I guess after I opened my mind to it already, it sounded okay, it sounded solemn. And I even dated a Muslim guy. πŸ˜‰ I learned the prayer, too!

• Ayesha June 10, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Thank you for honestly sharing your thoughts and story πŸ™‚ this is interesting to know that you also know the prayer.. ❀

3. daneelyunus June 10, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I also like Ramadaan with fasting in a very hot summer. May Allah blesses you and your family with happiness

4. Naddy June 10, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Beautifully written! Your words painted the picture of the sooo well πŸ€—

• Ayesha June 10, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Thank you so much.. Glad to know you could visualize through the post.. πŸ™‚

5. Ayesha August 22, 2018 / 9:36 am

Reblogged this on Ayesha's Diary and commented:

A memory I captured recently about my love for “Azaan”. Reblogging this and also wishing everyone a Happy Eid.

6. rashu2015 August 28, 2018 / 11:35 pm

I completely agree with you. Though not a muslim, I feel drawn to “Azaan”. I feel a deep spiritual connection and it just feels another form of prayer. Along with my usual prayers, every time I hear “Azaan” I take a moment to thank God for everything.

• Ayesha May 6, 2019 / 9:56 am