The magic lamp

Yes, that’s right.

Alladin’s magic lamp from Arabian nights.

The lamp that comes with a bonus of a genie that can fulfill your wish.

The lamp that I bought as a souvenir from my trip to Dubai.

Now, peacefully resting on my desk,

Shining all the time.

Everyone who stops by my desk,

Can’t control themselves from giving a try to rub the lamp,

With an expectation of a genie coming out of it.

Makes me think, no matter how old we are,

We still have a heart of a child,

We stop to think like adults,

And be that silliest person anyone can be.

ThinkΒ  how awesome that would be,

A child in an adult’s body πŸ™‚

IMG_20180530_175947.jpg
dav

11 thoughts on “The magic lamp

1. Sifar May 30, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Maybe we all need to learn from the kids- imagination and belief 😊

Liked by 3 people

• Ayesha May 30, 2018 / 10:54 pm

Yes, and how I wish genie existed πŸ˜› Then this lamp wouldn’t have been on my desk.. It would have been hidden from everyone else πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

2. myplace3187 May 31, 2018 / 2:46 am

I like your comment a child in an adults body. I feel this way when I write because imagination is what we learned since we were kids. Just grew up as an adult but at heart we are all kids still.

3. Lavanya May 31, 2018 / 5:21 pm

Who would’t want to rub the lamp??? After all life becomes so much more beautiful when we believe in magic.

Liked by 2 people

4. Angela May 31, 2018 / 10:43 pm

That lamp is beautiful!!! And having it sit at your desk is a wonderful reminder to keep that childlike wonder and imagination through out the day!

5. Lisa June 1, 2018 / 10:07 pm

I hope the lamp lives forever on your desk because we all need more magic in our lives. Above my writing desk I have a card from my sister tacked to the wall. It’s a painting of a bear, wearing a long gypsy earring, beautiful shawl, and small crown. I keep it there to remind me of magic and fairy tales and to never grow too old to believe in them. And to never outgrow the wonder of childhood. And I’d give that lamp a rub, too. Carefully, because it’s beautiful.

• Ayesha June 1, 2018 / 10:43 pm

Thank you, Lisa.. πŸ™‚ Amen. From what you described, the painting sounds super cute and adorable. I would love to see it. Do post it on your blog if you get an opportunity. ❀